Barbados Property List
Barbados Property List is a one-stop shop for real estate property listings in Barbados. Updated daily, our listings offer detailed and quality listings for Barbados real estate sales, rentals and holidays. We connect you directly with local real estate sales agents and property owners.
Errol Barrow Day is a Barbados bank holiday which is celebrated on 21st of January. This special date is the birthday of the prime minister, Errol Barrow The public holiday commemorates the former Prime Minister of Barbados’ achievement of leading the country to independence from English rule.
Facts about Errol Barrow
- The PM died in 1987.
- In 1989 his birthday (21st January) was declared as a public holiday and is the first Barbados bank holiday chosen specifically to honour him.
- On 21st January, 1989, Errol Barrow’s portrait was placed on the new Barbadian dollar note.
- On 21st January, 1989, the middle section of the Airport-West Coast Highway was officially named after him.
- In 1998, he was declared one of Barbados’ original National Heroes.
What’s to do on a Barbados bank holiday?
- Picnic at a white, sandy Barbados beach.
- Drink Banks.
- Sun tan.
- Hang out with friends and family.