Barbados Property List
Barbados Property List is a one-stop shop for real estate property listings in Barbados. Updated daily, our listings offer detailed and quality listings for Barbados real estate sales, rentals and holidays. We connect you directly with local real estate sales agents and property owners.
Spooners, St. John
Harmony Hall, Spooners, St. John offers a 1.94-acre Barbados property for sale.
This Barbados property for sale has a main house and an extra building that was used as a museum in the heart of the island. This Barbados real estate has had one owner since 1973. 5 minutes to Gun Hill Signal Station, 10 minutes from Bath Beach and Sunbury Plantation, 20 minutes to airport or Bridgetown, 15 minutes from shopping in Six Roads.
The property includes a main home that was built in the 1920s featuring the original 16″ thick walls, and cellar. The master bathroom and dressing room were added in the 1970s, and the kitchen addition was completed in 1980s. There is approximately 1,500 square feet of living space.
Main Home features include:
- Master bedroom has access to the veranda and a small office area.
- Two smaller rooms with built-in closet and storage space.
- The 2nd bathroom is centrally located.
- Living and dining rooms face the front of the house and get ample light all day.
- House is shaded by coconut trees and 2 of the oldest trees on the island (protected by law).
- Kitchen has lots of cupboard space, and access to the veranda.
Second building features
Built in the 1980s and used as a museum for miniatures, this part of the property features a wooden dance floor, multiple restrooms for guests, and a bar area for entertaining. This building could easily convert to a 1200 square foot home. (no interior photos available)
- Handicap accessible
- L-shaped veranda
- 1000-gallon rainwater catch tank.
A covered carport connects the two buildings and there is a covered storage space behind the carport with access to the back yard. The 1.25-acre orchard includes coconut, lime, avocado, orange, pomelo, guava, breadfruit, banana, star fruit, papaya, lemon, cherries, and plantain trees. The fertile soil supports all indigenous plant life and the property has mixed fencing (stone and chain-link).
- Land tax value = $174K BDS
- Improvements tax value = $980K
- Priced to sell at $1,200,900 BDS ($600,450 USD)