Barbados Property List
Barbados Property List is a one-stop shop for real estate property listings in Barbados. Updated daily, our listings offer detailed and quality listings for Barbados real estate sales, rentals and holidays. We connect you directly with local real estate sales agents and property owners.
Yorkshire Great House is a beautiful traditional Barbadian plantation home that dates back (we believe) to around the middle of the 18th century.
This traditional Barbadian plantation home for sale sits in an elevated position on the southern side of the St. George Valley. The property has been lovingly maintained by its current owner with much of its original period charm and historic elegance carefully preserved. Antique furnishings and original paintings adorn Yorkshire Great House and enhance the authentic setting that graces this historical private residence.
Located just a few minutes north of the ABC Highway this Christ Church property offers easy access to the south coast. In addition the home also sits in a peaceful, green countryside setting that enjoys a cool breeze from the north east trade winds that gently blow across the island. Records that are still in the owners possession show that considerable restoration work and improvements were done to the property in 1910.
Other features of this South coast house includes spacious reception rooms with wooden floors, high ceilings, wooden architraves and picture rails. There are also original hurricane shutters and a beautiful, grand, mahogany staircase, which all combine to give an insight to the splendour and charm that this historical colonial period enjoyed.
The grounds are well kept with mature trees spreading their massive branches over the lawns that surround the house. A lawn tennis court which sits to the south east of the large rear patio and which no doubt offered countless hours of fun and frolic to previous generations could easily be brought back into use should the desire arise.
- Price reduction from $2,500,000 USD!
Features of this traditional Barbadian plantation home
- Land area 161,172 sq.ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Ground floor comprises of:
- Front patio (50’ x 12’)
- Living room (25’ x 15’6”)
- Dining room (25’ x 15’6”)
- Breakfast room(16’9”x 17’7”)
- Enclosed patio room(11’8” x 53’6”)
- Rear patio(12’ x 50’)
- Kitchen(13’3” x 23’6”)
- Yam room (storage/work room) (18’5”max x 30’6”)
- Bedroom 5 with en-suite bathroom (14’9”x17’8”) + (7’ x 18’ 5”)
- Elevator (not in use)
- Garage(15’6” x 19’)
- First floor comprises of:
- Landing with elevator (not in use)
- Master bedroom with en-suite ( 16’9” X 16’3”) + (6’8” X 10’6”)
- Bedroom 2 with sink (16’9”X16’3”)
- Bedroom 3 with sink(11’2” X 17’2”)
- Bedroom 4 with en-suite (16’9” x 16’3”)
- Staff quarters
- Grass tennis court (not in use)
- Mill wall (built for satellite)
- Grounds are laid mainly to lawn
- Fully enclosed
- Mature trees offer privacy and shade
- Adequate paved and garden parking for large functions
- Traditional Barbadian Home
- Historic Elegance
- High Ceilings
- Wooden floors
- Hurricane shutters
- Mahogany Staircase
Amenities on the South coast of Barbados
- Easy access to the south coast
- Countryside setting
Caribbean Island Properties helps clients find the right buyer for their property; that is what they do best. CIP give a fair and no nonsense description and appraisal of the properties they have seen and try to match what the client is looking for with what they have seen or what is available in the market. Caribbean Island Properties is focused on one customer at a time.