Barbados Property List
Barbados Property List is a one-stop shop for real estate property listings in Barbados. Updated daily, our listings offer detailed and quality listings for Barbados real estate sales, rentals and holidays. We connect you directly with local real estate sales agents and property owners.
Rum balls are a festive Christmas must-have for the holiday season. Making these treats can be fun for the whole family (and even more fun after for those of the drinking age!) 😉
What you’ll need…
- 1 cup of plain sweet biscuits crushed (such as Shirley biscuits)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted to remove lumps
- 1 cup grated or shredded coconut (store bought is fine)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp Barbados dark rum
- 1 cup extra coconut for rolling finished balls in (frozen is best for this)
How you’ll make it..
- Use a food processor to crush the biscuits, or place in zip lock bag and beat with a rolling pin. 🙂
- Add cocoa powder, coconut, condensed milk and Barbados rum to crushed biscuits.
- Combine all ingredients well. You should end up with a stiff mixture. If the mixture is too loose for the balls to hold their shape, place in fridge for about 10 minutes and try again.
- Then take a large teaspoon of the mixture and roll into balls using your hands. Finally coat your rum balls in extra coconut and place in the freezer until you are ready to use!
(This recipe makes 30 to 40 balls.)
A little advice all the way from Barbados: Wash your Christmas coconut rum balls down with a good glass of Eggnog and feel merry all day long! x